It’s official: “There is nothing strange, creepy or inappropriate about John Travolta.”
1. Remember this creep-o moment at the Oscars when John Travolta leaned in to kiss Scarlett Johansson?
2. And ScarJo was all, “NOPE”.
3. Well, turns out Johansson was not actually dying inside, as much as that’s how it looked. She told the Associated Press:
The image that is circulating is an unfortunate still-frame from a live-action encounter that was very sweet and totally welcome. That still photo does not reflect what preceded and followed if you see the moment live. Yet another way we are misguided, misinformed and sensationalized by the 24-hour news cycle. I haven’t seen John in some years and it is always a pleasure to be greeted by him.
4. See, here they are just after their live-action encounter.
5. ScarJo’s already totally forgetten the whole thing.
6. And Travolta just carries on about his way, being neither strange, nor creepy, nor inappropriate.
7. And here they are backstage a bit later being super chill.
8. Everything’s totally fine, guys.
9. Meanwhile Idina Menzel is also relaxed about her own Travolta incident that evening.
Surprise! That was so much fun. Thank you John Travolta for being a good sport. What an honor to be invited again. #lifeisgood