Even if hanging out with kids isn’t your jam, you have to admit that little ones regularly school adults on how to act like…well…adults.
While we have a tendency to be petty and cruel, most children take on each day with the ultimate goal of making people smile. Adult life, in all its jaded glory, often turns us into people we don’t even recognize after a while, so why not draw a little please-stop-being-so-awful inspiration from kids who have a knack for being kind, generous, and altogether awesome?
1. Feel like interacting with strangers at the mall for no reason? Do this.
2. Did you, a grown adult, catch a fly ball at a baseball game? Take a page out of this kid’s book.
Set this guy’s book on fire.
3. Grocery shopping is the worst. Make it less awful for everyone involved by following Lauren’s lead.
People already want to punch everyone in sight at the grocery store, so don’t do this.
4. Breakups and divorces are hard. Watch as this excruciatingly cute girl explains how to handle those situations with the grace and poise of basically no adult I’ve ever met.
Or you could be an absolute mess and handle things this way!
5. Want to approach homelessness like someone with a heart? These kids will show you the way.
Want to approach homelessness like most adults? Take a cue from these piles of human garbage on Twitter.
While taking life advice from people who are endlessly fascinated by boogers might seem odd, we can learn a lot from our smaller counterparts.
Tolerance and understanding often come more easily to children than they do to us, and that’s because our heads are full of biases and stereotypes. Theirs aren’t. Just because we’ve done more living doesn’t necessarily mean that we’ve done more learning along the way.