We’re through the looking glass here, people.
1. The internet is a spectrum.
On one side sits the horrible, gruesome videos of executions and beheadings that ISIS spreads to divide civilizations and spread fear.
At the other end of the web, we find Tumblr pictures of a dress whose magical ability to seemingly change color divides friends and spreads confusion.
2. In a bid to break the internet, a group of Gaza-based friends had the idea to blend the two together into this parody video:
3. The video at first seems authentic, with the same Arabic music and snappy editing used by ISIS.
4. But our first clue that something is amiss is when “Jihadi John” asks the hostages an important question…
“What color is this dress?” the masked man asks.
5. The internet: making fun of ISIS the only way it knows how. Â¯_(ãƒ„)_/Â¯
BuzzFeed News reached out to the video’s creators for comment.